Why Do We Need You?
An important aspect of our work at CARAD is engaging with the wider community to connect people with the issues affecting asylum seekers, refugees and detainees. Our community engagement team aims to provide community education, as well as participation in order to garner support and resources for our clients, promote the work of CARAD and foster a compassionate community attitude towards asylum seekers, refugees and detainees.
What Will You Be Doing?
Volunteer activities included in this program are:
· Community Education Team: providing CARAD speakers for schools and community groups or events
· Material Aid: coordinating the collection, storage and distribution of donated goods for CARAD clients
· Food Giving: assisting with the distribution of food at CARAD office weekly
· Events: providing support and assistance at events CARAD is participating in
· Ad Hoc: providing assistance for ad hoc needs as required
Who Will You Be Working With?
· You will be supported in your role by the Volunteer Coordinator
· You will be working together with other volunteers and may be interacting with asylum seekers, refugees and members of the public
What Skills, Experience and Personal Qualities Will You Need?
· Confident speaking to members of the public
· Good cross-cultural social skills
· Reliable and able to work independently
How Much Time Will It Take?
· Time commitments vary depending on specific role
Why Join Our Team?
Through our community engagement team you will have the opportunity to meet many new and interesting people while meaningfully contributing to the welfare of our clients and broader societal change.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
¨ Current 2017-18 CARAD Membership
¨ Submitted a CARAD Volunteer Application
¨ Completed a National Police Check
¨ Completed the Building Bridges Training
¨ Have a valid Working with Children Check