CARAD is an independent not-for-profit organisation working with people of refugee background who now live in Western Australia.
Our priorities are:
- advocating for positive change in the refugee determination process to ensure fair and humane treatment for all
- supporting community based asylum seekers and refugees with emergency accommodation and a small living allowance if they are not eligible for other funding
- coordinating a volunteer program providing English language and homework support to adults and children from a refugee background
- speaking out against mandatory detention
- visiting, supporting and advocating on behalf of people held in detention centres in Perth, Christmas Island, Curtin and Northam.
We gladly accept financial donations, gift cards or sponsorship that will help us to continue our work in the community. Donations are tax-deductible.
For more on CARAD's history, objectives and clients please click here. CARAD will work to ensure the voices of asylum seekers and refugees are heard within our community. CARAD will continue to advocate for fair and compassionate processing for asylum seekers who reach our shores.
CARAD welcomes members as financial supporters and/or active volunteers. CARAD has always relied on marvelous volunteers from all walks of life to provide support and services. Click here to download a membership form, and to see how you can become a CARAD volunteer.
Share the latest news, events and debates on related and topical issues.
*Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
* Like us on Facebook.
* Follow us through Twitter.