Every dollar enables us to continue our work helping refugees, asylum seekers and detainees. Detainees such as Ahmed (not his real name), whose story you can read in our letter to our supporters. Donations of $2 or more are tax-deductible.
CARAD runs a food bank for our clients who have limited or no income. Clients can access free food and pantry staples which help them supplement their limited weekly budget, or provide them with their weekly grocery needs.
Through our partnership with Food Rescue we are able to ensure that CARAD’s clients have access to a wide range of fresh fruit and vegetables during the week. Halal Food Bank Perth provides essential items in food parcels for our most needy clients.
We also need YOUR HELP to keep our pantry stocked. You can help by contributing the following items to our Foodbank:
- Cooking oil (vegetable and olive) - always in high demand
- Sugar - always in high demand
- Eggs - always in high demand
- Ground salt and ground pepper - currently in high demand
- Biscuits and snacks
- Dish washing liquid and household cleaners (sponges, cloths, sprays)
- Tinned chickpeas and kidney beans (no mixed varieties please)
- Dried chickpeas, red lentils, and kidney beans (no mix varieties please)
- Nuts and dried fruit
- Instant coffee
- Tinned tomatoes
- Food wrap, foil, baking paper, and sandwich bags
- Tinned fish
- Long life milk
- Cereal (no oats please)
- Dried spices (coriander seeds, cumin, turmeric, chilli, cardamom pods, etc)
- Nappies (sizes 6kg and above) - always in high demand
- Baby wipes - always in high demand
- Liquid laundry detergent - always in high demand
- Toilet paper - always in high demand
- Unisex spray deodorant - always in high demand
- Shampoo - always in high demand (no sample sizes please)
- Sanitary pads - currently in high demand
- Body wash/soap - currently in high demand (products for people with sensitive skin are always welcome)
- Body lotion/cream - currently in high demand (products for people with sensitive skin are always welcome)
- Shavers and shaving cream
- Underwear (men, women, and children) and socks
- Tissue boxes and toilet cleaner
Our office (245 Stirling Street, Perth) is open from Monday to Friday between 9am – 4pm to receive donations.
Whether it be for climbing Mt Everest or asking for donations in lieu of presents on a special occasion, it’s easy and fun to set up your own CARAD fundraising page with Give Now. It’s called “Crowdraising”. Just click on this link and look for the button below – it’s at the bottom on the right-hand side of the page. Good luck with your Crowdraising!
If you’d prefer not to set up a web page for a fundraiser event you are organising, check out our POP-UP FUNDRAISER KIT.
Does your employer have a workplace giving program using the Good2Give portal? Many of Australia’s largest corporations do and CARAD is now registered with Good2Give to receive your workplace donations. Just choose CARAD as your preferred charity and you will be helping us with our vital work of supporting those most in need.
Supermarket vouchers from Coles, Woolworths, Kmart, BigW and Target are also a very helpful resource for our clients, allowing choice in what they purchase.
CARAD also assists clients to access other items that they may need in their day to day lives. Whilst we do have very limited storage space, we do have capacity for items in high demand such as:
- Disposable nappies in unopened packs (any size) and Baby wipes
- Brand new linen sets in unopened packs
- Blankets (in Autumn and Winter)
Online shop orders can be delivered to CARAD from Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm.
What not to donate
There are many items that for safety and/or practical reasons we are unable to accept. These include; Baby cots, baby furniture, prams, child car restraints, clothes, furniture, whitegoods, electrical items, children’s toys and books
To donate these items please contact Starting Over Support – email: firstname.lastname@example.org