CARAD supports people seeking safety who have no income and no where else to turn. Your donations enable CARAD to support people to live with dignity in our community.
Donations of $2 or more are tax-deductible.
Spring into action Appeal
Over the past year our CARAD community has built a safety net for people who have been cut off from the income and case work support they received through the government funded Status Resolution Support Service (SRSS). Further cuts to the SRSS program are imminent which will primarily affect families with children under the age of six years old. This will leave more people seeking asylum without income and casework support than ever before. We rely on donations to help fund our Client Services Program which is supporting a growing number of people seeking asylum who are living in our community without a liveable income.
Your donations enable CARAD’s Client Services Program to provide:
Casework and Advocacy
Emergency Relief: emergency accommodation and utility bill payment, Foodbank and material aid and transport concessions
Access to Healthcare
CARAD runs a food bank for our clients who have limited or no income. Clients can access free food and pantry staples which help them supplement their limited weekly budget, or provide them with their weekly grocery needs.
Through our partnership with Secondbite we are able to ensure that CARAD’s clients have access to a wide range of fresh fruit and vegetables during the week. Halal Food Bank Perth provides essential items in food parcels for our most needy clients.
We also need YOUR HELP to keep our pantry stocked. You can help by contributing the following items to our Foodbank:
(click the [+] icon to expand the list)
[+] FOOD ITEMS
- Long life full cream milk - always in high demand
- Basmati rice - always in high demand
- Sugar - always in high demand
- Eggs - in current demand
- Tinned fish - large tins please
- Table salt and ground pepper
- Dried spices (coriander seeds, cumin, turmeric, chilli, cardamom pods, cinnamon etc)
- Nuts and dried fruit
- Instant coffee
- Cooking oil (vegetable, canola, sunflower, olive)
- Biscuits, muesli bars, and snacks
- Dried chickpeas and kidney beans (no mixed varieties please)
- Honey, jam and peanut butter
- Black tea bags
- Tinned tomatoes, corn, and peas
[+] NON-FOOD ITEMS
- Liquid laundry detergent - always in high demand
- Dishwashing liquid - in current demand
- Unisex Spray deodorant - in current demand
- Shavers and shaving cream
- Toilet paper
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Baby wipes
- Household cleaners (sponges, cloths, sprays)
- Body lotion/cream (products for people with sensitive skin are always welcome)
- Body wash/soap (products for people with sensitive skin are always welcome)
- Nappies (13kg + and above)
- Underwear (men, women, and children) and socks
- Food wrap, foil, baking paper, and sandwich bags
FOOD DONATION DROP-OFF OPTIONS
Deliveries can be made to the following collection points:
CARAD Office, 245 Stirling St, Perth 6000, Monday - Thursday 9am - 4pm
Owen Homoeopathics, 443 Great Eastern Hwy, Redcliffe WA 6104, Monday - Friday 10am - 3pm
Freo Amnesty Group Meeting, Clancy’s Fish Pub, Cantonment St, East Freo, Second Wednesday of each month 6-7pm. To organise Freo drop-offs outside this time please contact email@example.com
For general donation inquiries please contact the CARAD office on 92277322 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online shop orders for the above food and non-food items can be delivered to CARAD during the opening hours shown below.
Supermarket vouchers from Coles, Woolworths, Kmart, BigW and Target are also a very helpful resource for our clients, allowing choice in what they purchase.
Whether it be for climbing Mt Everest or asking for donations in lieu of presents on a special occasion, it’s easy and fun to set up your own CARAD fundraising page with Give Now. It’s called “Crowdraising”. Just click on this link and look for the button below – it’s on the right-hand side of the page. Good luck with your Crowdraising!
If you’d prefer not to set up a web page for a fundraiser event you are organising, check out our POP-UP FUNDRAISER KIT.
CARAD also assists clients to access other items that they may need in their day to day lives. Whilst we do have very limited storage space, we do have capacity for items in high demand such as:
Disposable nappies in unopened packs (any size) and Baby wipes
Brand new linen sets in unopened packs
Blankets (in Autumn and Winter)
What not to donate
There are many items that for safety and/or practical reasons we are unable to accept. These include; Baby cots, baby furniture, prams, child car restraints, clothes, furniture, whitegoods, electrical items, children’s toys and books
To donate these items please contact Starting Over Support – email: email@example.com