Every dollar enables us to continue our work helping refugees, asylum seekers and detainees. Detainees such as Ahmed (not his real name), whose story you can read in our letter to our supporters. Donations of $2 or more are tax-deductible.
CARAD runs a food bank for our clients who have limited or no income. Clients can access free food and pantry staples which help them supplement their limited weekly budget, or provide them with their weekly grocery needs.
Through our partnership with Food Rescue we are able to ensure that CARAD’s clients have access to a wide range of fresh fruit and vegetables during the week. Halal Food Bank Perth provides essential items in food parcels for our most needy clients.
We also need YOUR HELP to keep our pantry stocked. You can help by contributing the following items to our Foodbank:
- Cooking oil (vegetable and olive) - always in high demand
- Sugar - always in high demand
- Long life milk - always in high demand
- Rice (Basmati
- Tinned fish
- Rice (Basmati and Jasmine) - currently in high demand
- Ground pepper, ground salt, spices (cumin, turmeric, chilli, cardamom)
- Nuts and dried fruit
- Biscuits and snacks
- Cereal (no oats please)
- Instant coffee
- Plain and self-raising flour
- Body lotion/cream
- Dish washing liquid
- Liquid laundry detergent - currently in high demand
- Body wash/soap
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Tissue boxes, toilet paper, toilet cleaner and nappy wipes
- Shavers and shaving cream - currently in high demand
- Unisex deodorant - currently in high demand
All donations can be delivered to the office, 245 Stirling Street, Perth, Monday to Friday between 9am – 4pm.
Supermarket vouchers from Coles, Woolworths, Kmart, BigW and Target are also a very helpful resource for our clients, allowing choice in what they purchase.
CARAD also assists clients to access other items that they may need in their day to day lives. Whilst we do have very limited storage space, we do have capacity for items in high demand such as:
Disposable nappies in unopened packs (any size) and Baby wipes
Brand new linen sets in unopened packs
Blankets (in Autumn and Winter)
Online shop orders can be delivered to CARAD from Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm.
WHAT NOT TO DONATE:
There are many items that for safety and/or practical reasons we are unable to accept. These include; Baby cots, baby furniture, prams, child car restraints, clothes, furniture, whitegoods, electrical items, children’s toys and books
To donate these items please contact Starting Over Support – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT CARAD
* Have a great excuse for a get together with friends: Check out our POP UP FUNDRAISER KIT.
* Become a CARAD member HERE.
* Become an active volunteer.