CARAD supports people seeking safety who have no income and no where else to turn. Your donations enable CARAD to support people to live with dignity in our community.
Donations of $2 or more are tax-deductible.
Accessible Healthcare Appeal
CARAD is committed to ensuring people seeking asylum can live with dignity in our community. A critical part of the emergency relief assistance CARAD provides is payment for healthcare needs for the people we support. Your donation will help CARAD to meet the healthcare needs of asylum seekers through our Client Services Program. As an independent organisation, we rely on your support to help those who need it most.
More details about our healthcare appeal are available here.
CARAD runs a food bank for our clients who have limited or no income. Clients can access free food and pantry staples which help them supplement their limited weekly budget, or provide them with their weekly grocery needs.
Through our partnership with Secondbite we are able to ensure that CARAD’s clients have access to a wide range of fresh fruit and vegetables during the week. Halal Food Bank Perth provides essential items in food parcels for our most needy clients.
We also need YOUR HELP to keep our pantry stocked. You can help by contributing the following items to our Foodbank:
(click the [+] icon to expand the list)
[+] FOOD ITEMS
- Basmati rice - always in high demand
- Sugar - always in high demand
- Cereal (no oats please)- in current demand
- Dried red lentils - in current demand
- Vegetable and olive oil
- Tinned fish
- Table salt and ground pepper
- Nuts and dried fruit
- Biscuits and snacks
- Instant coffee
- Tinned corn and peas
- Dried chickpeas and kidney beans (no mixed varieties please)
- Honey, jam and peanut butter
- Dried spices (coriander seeds, cumin, turmeric, chilli, cardamom pods, etc)
- Food wrap, foil, baking paper, and sandwich bags
[+] NON-FOOD ITEMS
- Nappies (10kg + and above) - always in high demand
- Toilet paper - always in high demand
- Liquid laundry detergent - always in high demand
- Shampoo - in current demand
- Unisex Spray deodorant - in current demand
- Shavers and shaving cream
- Dish washing liquid and household cleaners (sponges, cloths, sprays)
- Body lotion/cream (products for people with sensitive skin are always welcome)
- Body wash/soap (products for people with sensitive skin are always welcome)
- Underwear (men, women, and children) and socks
- Tissue boxes and toilet cleaner
- Kitchen cleaner
Online shop orders for the above food and non-food items can be delivered to CARAD during the opening hours shown below.
Supermarket vouchers from Coles, Woolworths, Kmart, BigW and Target are also a very helpful resource for our clients, allowing choice in what they purchase.
Our office (245 Stirling Street, Perth) is open from Monday to Thursday between 9am – 4pm to receive donations and deliveries.
Whether it be for climbing Mt Everest or asking for donations in lieu of presents on a special occasion, it’s easy and fun to set up your own CARAD fundraising page with Give Now. It’s called “Crowdraising”. Just click on this link and look for the button below – it’s on the right-hand side of the page. Good luck with your Crowdraising!
If you’d prefer not to set up a web page for a fundraiser event you are organising, check out our POP-UP FUNDRAISER KIT.
CARAD also assists clients to access other items that they may need in their day to day lives. Whilst we do have very limited storage space, we do have capacity for items in high demand such as:
Disposable nappies in unopened packs (any size) and Baby wipes
Brand new linen sets in unopened packs
Blankets (in Autumn and Winter)
What not to donate
There are many items that for safety and/or practical reasons we are unable to accept. These include; Baby cots, baby furniture, prams, child car restraints, clothes, furniture, whitegoods, electrical items, children’s toys and books
To donate these items please contact Starting Over Support – email: email@example.com